Thursday, December 10, 2009

Std Char Sgp Marathon 2009

We just completed our run last sun at the SCSM 2009. Everything went on great!

I did my one & only 10km run this yr. After deliver in 2mths ago, i was up running a long distance. With ard 1mth of minor exercise, i dare to challenge the 10km distance. I should deserve a pat right? Anyway, i din perform well tt day. I had the worst timing so far.. 1hr 29m XXs. haha.. i only know tt during my last km, i was staring at my watch. I juz wan to reach back within 1.5hr.. so i dash to the finish pt at the last min. lol~ So overall, 7min slower den 2yrs ago timing. But given my last of slp & delivery, i'm consider quite gd already.. (consoling myself. lol~)

The weather was quite sunny wen the kids dash started. WL's catergory was the last one, which start at 11.30am. Lucky i had my bro, ZJ ard, where he can help chase after WL if i run out of breath. End up, WL din even feel like running due to the heat! He felt slpy n thirsty... n upon seeing other mummies carrying their kids, WL insist on me carrying him to walk his race. So i carry him half of his journey. Hai~ Some of the kids participants r very young.. there r even babies who sat in their pram n push fr start to end. Maybe they still don noe how to walk stable & yet these parents still sign their kids to 'run'? Once JE is stable, i probably will sign her up in nxt yr or 2yrs later.

After the kids dash, we headed to the air-conditional raffles city to have our lunch & waited for hb. There was a mini playground in the restaurant & WL went hyperactive.. Juz nw kids dash he wan slp.. nw air-con area, he run ard.. mischevious boy!

Hb only make it back from his marathon run at ard 1pm. He ran a total of 7hrs+ juz to get a finisher tee & sun-burnt skin! So not so bad for a nvr-train plus maiden marathon runner.

Both me n hb suffer muscle pain for 2days.. but most likely we will join again nxt yr!

No comments:

Post a Comment