Tuesday, November 30, 2010

How Fast is Fast? How Slow is Slow?

It's all abt my gal, my notti little lazy gal! Dunno if she is lazy or she is notti. She simply refused to WALK!! She's 14mths+ now! My friend's gal can walk at 1yo! Both gals have a elder brother to motivate them to walk. But why my gal still don feel motivated at all?

Old folk has this belief: "The later one learns to walk, means he/she will have a better life when they grow up." How true is this belief? If it's true, i don't mind that my gal have a better life in future. But can it be used to coax the parents only? A sort of excuse to cool the impatient parents that it's ok for their babies to learn walking slower than their peers?

Last sunday, we went out for our dinner. Hb & I held one hand of JE each, & we walked from our house door to the lift. Can see that JE is excited abt walking! WL wanted to hold JE's hand too, but she refused to hold WL's hand. haha~ The very next day, I saw a big improvement from gal. Wen i went to pick the kids up from my inlaw hse, JE crawled towards me, suddenly stand up & walked few steps to reach me. Ahhh~! At least she dare to challenge that few steps... Mil also claimed JE walked a few steps in the mrng too. Hope that she will walk even more steps as days go by... Will hope that she can walk & maybe run abt during our chalet in Jan!

Last wk, i had breakfast at a coffeeshop nearby WL's school. I bumped into another parent of WL's classmates. I asked if her daughter, Gigi learned how to write alphabets. I was complaining how slow is my boy. I'm comparing him to a friend's daughter who can write her name, although not with neat strokes, but visibly can read the alphabets. The mum was saying that as they are still young, their bones r not yet properly developed. So if they learned to write ABC, it may affects their finger bones formation. So it is advised to wait till they start nursery next year, when teachers teach writing, that we can begin to coach them. No hurry..

Suddenly I felt so kiasu. Feel like looking for enrichment classes for WL... Am i stressing him? or Am i stressing myself? Shd i let nature take its course.. let them learn slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment