Monday, October 26, 2009

My Labour Story

Sharing my labour of my newborn bb princess on 19-09-09:


I checked into TMC after i was spotting at 11am. In the morning before i admit, WL was singing "happy birthday" song to her unborn mei mei and sayang my tummy while singing. Is this a sign of telling me her mei mei is to be born soon?


At 12.30nn, i was 3cm dilated. Waited at the labour ward for gynae to break my water bag at 3pm. Contraction was irregular & non-intense. Didnt feel any pain.. until 4.30pm, i felt my back in pain whenever contraction began. I was only 4cm dilated.. for almost 2hrs, i only dilated a miserable 1cm!


So i gave in to epidural again. Quickly signed the forms & screamed for the epi! By the time the doctor came, i felt a strong urge to push! OMG, i cant cancel the epi process as the doc is already in the rm. I was screaming in deep pain when the epi was inject into my back.. not becoz the injection was painful, but becoz the pushing urge is so STRONG & PAINFUL! Even after epi was inside my body, the urge to push still present. The nurses don't allow me to push as gynae wasnt ard yet. Neither was the bb head low enough for me to push.. i nid to dilate another 1-2cm.. Sometimes, i secretly push even though i wasnt allow. It's so difficult to control the pushing when the urge is so strong. I'm glad i had the epi, if not i nid control both the urge & the contraction pain, which i tink i will scream down the whole hospital!


An hr passed & gynae came. Hurray, i can finally push! Had a few push & bb gal was popped into this world! I was very tired.. and somehow regretted that i didnt had my epi injected earlier, so i don nid to suffer such a long labour.

Baby is born on 19-09-09. Although i hoped for the nxt day: 20-09-2009, an easier to rmbr date & also it falls on my chinese birthdate. Too bad, baby popped 1 day earlier. Starting fr nxt yr, she can celebrate her birthday with her aunt, whose birthday falls on 18 Sep.

Ple always tell me if i walk a lot, i will have a short & smooth labour.. or 2nd labour will b shorter. Well, all don't prove to be correct for my case. I had a slightly longer labour then my 1st delivery.


The after-effect pains are much better. Perhaps i'm more experienced liao. I dare not eat b4 my delivery, except drank a cup of milo. So all i vomit is milo after the delivery. My stitches wasnt painful, & i can get out of bed & walk ard easily w/o any pain on the nxt day. My boobs engorgement wasnt as painful & hurtful as my 1st delivery.

No comments:

Post a Comment